Asteron Life Insurance – the insurance brand of the Suncorp Group. As you may know, the Suncorp Group is one of the largest insurance providers in the world. The company was formed in 1996 and has gone from strength to strength over the years with a number of different acquisitions. Those who obtain life insurance through Asteron are guaranteed that their money is in the safest possible hands. After all, the Suncorp Group is not only the largest insurance provider in Australia but they are one of the largest insurance providers in the world.
Asteron Life Cover
Asteron is famed for providing some of the most affordable and easy-to-access life insurance solutions in the world. Their main policy is known as the Asteron Life Complete Policy. This policy can be used for a single person, as a joint coverage policy, and you can even add your children to the policy, providing they are under the age of 18 at least, for a small sum each month.
Life insurance policies offered by Asteron are known as some of the most comprehensive and flexible around. You can pick and choose the benefits that you wish to obtain from your life insurance policy depending on the premium that you wish to pay.
Asteron Life Cover Benefits
- Healthy Plus Option on your Life Cover enables you to save as much as 20% providing you meet the health and lifestyle criteria that Asteron have designed.
- Premium-free child cover is included in the policy. You can add additional coverage for your children on top of this if you wish.
- Coverage is 24/7 no matter where you are in the world. This means that your family always has somebody to rely on should you die.
- Up-front payment will cover funeral expenses.
- Asteron is one of only a few insurance company which actually provides access to grief support counselling.
- You are easily able to adapt your life insurance policy depending on your own specific needs.
- You have the ability to increase the amount of coverage that you have without the need to undergo further medical checks.
ASTERON Life Cover Eligibility
It is worth noting that not everybody will be required to undergo a medical if they apply for a life insurance policy through Asteron. The need for a medical will depend on your age and the amount of coverage that you are applying for. Of course, Asteron do reserve the right to request a medical in some cases. If you do extend your policy in the future and have yet to undergo a medical examination then there is a small possibility that Asteron will request that you do.
ASTERON Income Protection
Asteron income Protection policies will provide you coverage in the event that you are unable to work due to sickness or injury on a temporary basis. The income protection option offered by Asteron will pay you up to 80% of your pre-tax salary each month that you are incapacitated. This will ensure that you are able to meet your current financial obligations whilst you continue to focus on ensuring that your health improves.
Just like most other policies offered by Asteron, the Income Protection Policy has been designed to be as flexible as possible. This means that you will be able to design a plan which matches your own specific needs. This means that you will be able to choose the amount of coverage that you have. The lower the coverage, the lower your premium is going to be.
ASTERON Income Protection Benefits
- You will be able to work for 10 hours or less a week whilst disabled without your benefit payment being reduced. You can even earn an income for those 10 hours.
- You have the option to select your own waiting period.
- Partial payments for partial disability.
- Your benefit will increase in line with the rate of inflation.
- You will be able to change your amount of coverage without the need to undergo a further medical check (if you have had one already)
- You can add Day 1 accident option coverage to your policy. This will provide you a pay-out during the waiting period.
- You can add child cover to the policy.
ASTERON Income Protection Eligibility
You are able to apply for income protection through Asteron providing you are of working age. In some cases you may be required to undergo a medical check. This will of course depend on your age and the amount of coverage that you are applying for. If you are applying for minimal coverage then it is unlikely that you will need to undergo a medical examination. Asteron does however maintain a right to carry out a medical examination if they wish no matter the level of coverage that you are applying for.
ASTERON TPD Insurance
TPD insurance provided by Asteron is designed to provide financial aid to you and your family if you are unable to work permanently due to sickness or disability. The coverage that you obtain can be used to fund changes to your home, cover medical expenses and the cost of care, paying off debts, and providing an income for your family. The amount of benefit that you can look forward to with your TPD insurance plan will of course depend on the amount of coverage you opt for. These plans are fully flexible.
ASTERON TPD Insurance Benefits
- Premium-free coverage for each of your children.
- TPD insurance can be extended to the age of 70 if you are working a white collar position.
- You do not need to undergo a further medical examination if you are looking to extend the amount of coverage that you have.
ASTERON TPD Insurance Eligibility
You will be able to apply for TPD insurance through Asteron whilst you are of working age. In most cases you will not be required to undergo a medical. This will however depend on your age and the amount of coverage that you are applying for.
ASTERON Funeral Insurance
Asteron does not currently offer a dedicated funeral insurance package. You will however find that funeral coverage is actually a standard feature of their life insurance policies. As with most insurance companies your family will be able to receive an instant payment upon your death in order to cover the cost of funeral planning.
ASTERON Funeral Insurance Benefits
Asteron does not currently offer a funeral insurance plan.
ASTERON Funeral Insurance Eligibility
Asteron does not currently offer a funeral insurance plan.
Can you receive funeral insurance coverage through Asteron?
You can to an extent. Asteron does not currently offer a dedicated funeral package. You will however find that the majority of their life insurance policies do include some form of funeral coverage.
What is Asteron’s relationship with the Suncorp Group?
Asteron is a brand name of the Suncorp Group. This means that this financial giant will be dealing with your funds.
Do I need a medical examination in order to apply for life insurance through Asteron?
Yes you do.
What is the ‘Healthy Plus’ Option on the Life Insurance Policies offered by Asteron?
Asteron are one of only a few companies out there which will enable you to save a considerable amount of cash (up to 20% off the premium) if you meet certain health and lifestyle criteria that they set out. This is in extension to the benefits that you may be able to enjoy should you pass your medical examination with ‘flying colors’.
What is Child Cover?
If you opt for the Asteron Life Complete Life Insurance Plan then you will be able to pay a small amount of extra cash each month to cover your children. This makes it a fantastic policy for those who want to insure their whole family for the lowest possible price.