AXA, a French company, is one of the largest life insurance providers in the world. Whilst their headquarters is in Paris the company has operations all over the world.
- Western Europe
- Middle East and
- North America.
Their life insurance offerings differ depending on the location that you are based.
The company was founded in 1816 but it was not until 1985 when it took on the name ‘AXA’. This was the result of AXA taking over a well-known insurance company in the United States; The Equitable. Since then the company has gone from strength to strength buying up a number of companies around the world in a bid to boost its life insurance offerings. Its latest, and perhaps largest purchase, is that of the Swiss Insurance company; Winterthur Group.
The name of the company differs depending on where you are in the world. Almost all of AXA’s operations tend to have the AXA name before it however. This means you should have absolutely no trouble spotting which operation is AXA owned and which is not.
AXA Life Cover
Like most insurance companies, AXA offers a variety of different life insurance policies. The policies that they offer, or at least the names of the policies that they offer, will differ based upon your location. Generally speaking they will fall into one of the following groups however:
- Term Insurance: This policy has been designed for those under the age of 50, although people over that age are also able to obtain it. It is the least-expensive insurance policy that AXA currently offers. The term can last anywhere from one to ten years. It is at the discretion of AXA as to whether it can be renewed at the end of the term. The price will rise each term and thus the older you get the more expensive your policy will end up being.
- Whole Life Insurance: This policy offers permanent protection. If you continue to pay the premiums for life then you will always be locked in at the best possible rate. Over time you will also be able to borrow against the policy’s cash value.
- Universal Life Insurance: This is similar to the previous form of insurance only it is slightly more flexible in terms of the premiums. They may go up or down over time. There is a guaranteed return upon the cash value of the cash value 0of the policy.
AXA Life Cover Benefits
- AXA is one of the largest life insurance companies in the world. This means that you can feel safe in the knowledge that your policy is in the best possible hands at all times. There is no danger of losing your money here!
- There are a number of different policies offered by AXA. This means you should be able to find something that suits your needs down to a tee.
- AXA is known for offering some of the cheapest premiums on life insurance. This is something that they are easily able to accomplish based upon the fact that they are one of the largest companies in the world for life insurance.
- For most of the policies offered by AXA you are able to sign up at any age and be sure that you are going to get the coverage that you need.
AXA Life Cover Eligibility
In theory you should be able to apply for a life insurance policy through AXA at any age. However it is worth noting that the cost of the premium will go up based upon your age. This means that some policies, in particular term life insurance, may be cost prohibitive to those over the age of fifty. For most of their policies AXA will require that you complete a medical. If you are offered the opportunity to do a medical then it is suggested that you do. Successful completion of a medical could shave off a substantial amount of cash from the premium.
AXA Income Protection
There are a number of different income protection plans offered by AXA. These plans are designed to provide coverage in the event that you are unable to work due to an injury or a serious illness. These insurance policies will quite often cover you at any working age, although there are a few upper limits. The policy that you select will have a bearing on the length of the waiting period before payment as well as the duration that you will be receiving the benefit for.
AXA Income Protection Benefits
- AXA is one of the largest insurance providers in the world. This means that your money and ultimately policy should be in the safest possible hands when you opt to work with AXA.
- There are a number of different income protection policies offered by AXA. This means that you should have absolutely no difficulty finding the policy that suits your particular needs. This means finding a policy which matches your budget, current income, and age.
- Policies are remarkably flexible. In fact; AXA income protection policies are regarded as some of the most flexible in the world. You almost have full control over the payout period and the length of the benefit.
AXA Income Protection Eligibility
For the most part you should be able to apply for AXA income protection insurance from the age of 18 all the way through to 60. It is very rare that AXA will award a policy to anybody over the age of 60. If you earn a substantial amount of cash each month it is unlikely that you will be able to find a policy that covers everything. AXA will cover a decent amount though.
AXA TPD Insurance
AXA TPD Benefit provides a ‘lump sum’ upon somebody becoming permanently disabled and therefore unable to work. You will find that most life insurance policies offered by AXA will have TPD coverage as standard. You may however wish to look into your policy. You are also able to obtain it as a single policy in some countries.
AXA TPD Insurance Benefits
- AXA is one of the largest companies in the world. Your money is in the safest possible hands when you purchase insurance through them.
- AXA, depending on where you live, will offer a maximum coverage of up to $5,000,000 on even their most basic plans.
- Payouts through AXA are relatively quick and by all accounts their ‘claims’ process is one of the smoothest in the world.
AXA TPD Insurance Eligibility
You are able to apply for TPD insurance through AXA whilst you are of working age. The policies can be started at the age of 16 and will last all the way through to the age of 60 (depending on the policy that you purchase). You will be unable to apply for TPD insurance through AXA if you are not currently in work.
AXA Funeral Insurance
AXA Funeral insurance is designed for those who are over the age of 70 and do not need or will not qualify for a full life insurance policy.
AXA Funeral Insurance Benefits
- Guaranteed, instant payouts upon death. This will be paid in cash directly to your family so they can cover the expenses related to your funeral.
AXA Funeral Insurance Eligibility
You are able to apply for AXA funeral insurance at any age. It comes as standard with most life insurance policies. It can however be purchased individually for those over the age of 70 who do not require a life insurance policy (you will find it difficult to qualify for one at that age). There is no medical required for AXA funeral insurance.
How do I know my policy is safe with AXA?
AXA is one of the largest insurance providers in the world. They turn a substantial profit each and every year. It is unlikely the company will be going out of business any time soon.
Do I need a medical for life insurance policies with AXA?
Whilst not all life insurance policies through AXA require a medical it is suggested that you undergo one in order to bring down the cost of your premium. It is certainly suggested that you get a medical later on in life where premiums will be a lot higher than normal.
Do the AXA Life Insurance Policies offer the ability to withdraw ‘cash’ against the policy?
Yes they do. You will however need to look into the ‘terms and conditions’ of your policy to discover the exact benefit you will be able to obtain. This cash will most likely need to be paid back.
Can you apply for AXA Life Insurance at any age?
Whilst you can apply for life insurance through AXA at any age it is likely that the costs will be far too prohibitive over the age of sixty and is thus not suggested.
Will AXA choose the funeral provider if I opt for their funeral insurance policy?